Saving on Gas Mileage

My husband was telling me how he bought some kind of air filter for his car that supposedly helps you to get better gas mileage. So I googled last night... and found the brand that he uses (guess I should have asked him first) ha!

But... apparently there's a "lifetime" air filter by K & N filters that you can put in your car. It's really for getting better air-flow to the engine. But one thing that most people have found is that it really helps with acceleration, overall performance of your car, and it can increase your MPG!

That's awesome...I've been getting around 51 mpg w/ my Prius... but I'm curious if I can kick it up to 60mpg. I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello
Any tip is a good tip in my book. With the price of gas going up every day, we definitely need all the tips we can get. Thank you so much for that thought.
DorothyL