eBay

You probably already know my love affair with eBay.... it is an off/on relationship. Right now... it's probably "off", but I'm still buying things here and there with eBay.

For example, yesterday I bought a new 4gb mini memory card for my new Crackberry. Totally lame, my phone crapped out again Friday night -- two much memory used, couldn't get any more txt messages. Lame! So I called tmobile, and went through everything w/ the customer service rep. Basically came to the conclusion that i have to break down and buy the $45.00 memory card so that my phone doesn't keep deleting stuff.

"Whaaaa" (Heavenly voice). The tmobile guy told me that I could find them on eBay too for less. DUH!!! Why didn't I think of that? Seriously??!! :)So, yup! Found it... for like $9.00 (I think).

But I used to be a real nerdy eBay freak. I mean big time! It was so much fun. When I lived in Southern CA, I used to buy a bunch of purses and fashion items and then sell them on eBay. It was great. I mean, there were several months that I was able to pay my mortgage payment w/ my eBay profits. Cool stuff... and then i got my mom hooked! She was going to all these garage sales in small-town Minnesota ..... getting other people's junk and selling it online. She was having fun too.

But... some times it gets old. Really frustrating when you get these super whiney customers... and the lines waiting at the post office... eBay was raising their fees, etc. So basically put it on hold.I still think it's great and has it's place. Especially on weekends, like now, when I'm going through my house and looking at what crap i should donate to goodwill or just sell on eBay.

Like for instance, we got an Arizona Diamondback bobblehead couple years ago. And I saw that figure recently fetched like $30.00. So yup, I'll be putting that guy on pretty soon. That's almost a full tank of gas for my prius.

1 comment:

ChewMouse said...

I have GOT to investigate this. I'm a pack-mouse, I have lots of goodies that others might like! But for some reason, eBay kind of scares me...maybe because I keep getting spam from eBay-mimics and I don't even have an account. But you made your house payment with it??

Yes, I must investigate this possibility.