Junk Mail...

Pretty annoying! In the interest of getting "Greener"... I signed up for Greendimes (I think a couple years ago).

Oprah had a "Green" show a while back and had several celebrities on endorsing how they've gone green. Matt Damon spoke of how he uses "Greendimes" to stop junk mail.

When you sign-up for Greendimes, they will write to all the catalogs (that you choose).. and other various paper-wasters to stop cluttering up your mailbox. I think they even plant trees for me somewhere in the world where there is deforestation going on.

It took about 6 months or so... but honestly, it's SO nice to not have so many pesty letters from credit-card companies offering me the world, all those annoying catalogs that I never read anyways. So worth it!

3 comments:

Psiplex said...

This is so useful! Thank you for posting about Greendimes- just signed up thanks to your blog.

RandomReflection said...

That really is great! Now if only a service would save our ears from the unwanted phone calls "offering" us so many things. I'm signed up for Do Not Call list, but somehow the bad guys are always a step ahead.

Wylwyn D. Reyes said...

I signed up in spring and hardly get junk mail. Pretty much the only junk mail I get is addressed to resident. Totally worth it and you save trees!