Have you watched Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture" yet?

I finally watched the entire "Last Lecture" earlier this week... it was 1 hour and 16minutes. So, yes... it was a lecture. Ha! Albeit a very moving and inspiring lecture. I wanted to "pay my respect" to Mr. Pausch, the Computer Science professor at Carnegie Mellon Univ who recently lost his battle to Pancreatic Cancer. While he was not a professor at my University, his lecture on life certainly did teach me and encourage me to keep on, keeping on!

His empowering lecture hits on what should be the main points or basic guidance on how we can lead our lives, and ultimately never giving up on our dreams!

It really dovetails the last post I had. There were a couple things in his lecture that really hit home for me:
"Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things."
and
"Experience is what we get, when we don't get what we wanted!"

Wow.... I can certainly relate to that. Well, both! Those are just two small samplings from his now Famous "Last Lecture". I would encourage you to view the lecture when you have a moment as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see someone else linking to this. I did so, on another site, and was amazed at how many people hadn't seen it.

I put on the entire lecture from time to time and listen to it while I'm doing things around the house. Beats television every time!

rob said...

Sounds good. when was the tape recorded? When did this lecture series start? and how long will it take to jump the shark?

Lucky Girl said...

I hadn't watched this yet--and I love the brick wall line. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

It's a dry heat! No it was the warnth that finally what I got a soothing touch caressing the soul, words are hard to describe... i'll just leave it for others to interpret.
Thanks:- Prakash.(pdeshp07)

ElGuappa said...

Heya, I read an article about this lecture and started to watch it but had to stop as I was at work...I think it's incredibly inspiring and absolutely phenomenal what this man said and did in the time that he had...What's even more beautiful is that he did it out of love for his family-his children. I love finding out about people who inspire. Do you ever check out www.ted.com? It's great for that. Also check out Jill Bolte-Taylor, her story is UNBELIEVABLE. I linked to your blog from blogcatalog cuz I saw that you'd recently viewed my blog...Y'didn't add me as a friend or gave me a shout which made me a little sad but I'm all for supporting your blogz. Keep blogging. Peace and warmth. Elana

Tamela's Place said...

Thanks for the adding me as a friend. I wanted to take a look at your site and say hi.. My husband watched this guy, he said he really spoke to him and that what he had to say was real good! We live in Phoenix Az. I will have to admit though i miss the midwest. We are originally from Indiana. Only been in Az. for 3years now! Take care and enjoy your travels.. Tamela